Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the site and just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.

A week ago, I picked up a 1975 CB360T with 10,224 miles on it from my uncle for $50. It looked pretty rough when I got it, but it had been stored in a shed since 1984 which is in turn a long time to sit. It ran fine when put into storage, but the PO noted that there is a small clear plastic or rubber tube that sticks down from the bottom of the bike that reportedly spat out oil. I kicked the kick start and the engine turned over, so it at least isn't locked up.

My uncle has had a hard time finding the key, and hence I have not been able to pop the seat and replace the battery to check the electrical system, nor put it into ignition to test whether it will start. I did purchase a parts lot on ebay yesterday for $5, which included a new ignition and key so I'm awaiting that to arrive so test things further.

I just thought I would introduce my bike and everything to all of you, and would greatly appreciate any help you all can provide me as I go!

Here are some pictures.

This one is from the day I picked it up, while still in storage. Yuck.

This one is from later on that day after air blowing off the debris and pressure washing it down.

Same story with this one.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Welcome to the site. Nice looking find you have there. Doesn't appear to be in too bad shape especially since its been sitting for all those years. Look forward to seeing you getting it up and running.

When you get a chance take a look at this thread and update your info, helps us help you ;) NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot! I got my profile updated like you asked!

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Welcome aboard. That's a great looking bike you've got for a project. It looks like it's all there and very clean from what I can see.

I'm not a 360 guy but of all the later models, I really like the 360T the best.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot man! I'm really lucky with the physical condition of the bike as it is. I removed the sissy bar as one of my first changes, because it made me think it was too "70s" and if any girl rides with me I want her holding onto me instead of the sissy bar! :D I'm hoping it doesn't take much to get it running well, but for the price I paid for it I'm sitting pretty good so far. I expect the shipment of the new parts to arrive in two days at the latest and once I at least get the key I want to replace the battery and remove the gas tank so I can clean it out and drain the fuel system. I guess more than anything at this point, I'm just curious what you all recommend as initial steps of checking the bike's status and getting it self-diagnosed for any issues it may suffer from.

With all of that being said, I'm a 22 year old college student with no motorcycle experience, but I have restored a '91 Nissan 300ZX and I did all of the research and work on it myself. I bought this bike with the intentions of learning about motorcycles and restoring it all on my own knowledge and investment.

Any help or encouragement would be most appreciated! Thanks to everyone ahead of time and keep on riding!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way, I did mentioned that I removed the sissy bar due to the "70s" look, but I do plan on restoring it to look like a brand new '75 CB360T. I'm not into the whole cafe racer fad and since it is a classic bike I want to make it look like a classic bike, and not a custom!

-rwreplog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts