Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 360 shifts from 2nd up, and from 6th down, but first to neutral and 2nd freeze up. I took the right side cover off and checked the fork and all the springs, Everything looks to be in working order. I shifted through the gears with a screwdriver on the star as I spun the wheel and cycled through the gears and it seemed to shift, but not smooth at all. Before I tear down the bike again and look at the shifting forks, I thought I would ask for some insight. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I can shift to second with a screwdriver on the star, but with the shift lever, it wont let me shift to 2nd. Something wrong with the shift rod?

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I'm surprised you can shift it at all without turning the transmission shaft. Try it again while you spin the mainshaft by hand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mike, I spun the mainshaft by hand and tried to shift, but it still wont advance to 2nd. I tried to spin the wheel and shift as well. It is so confusing, because it will shift through if I bypass the shift lever.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Looks like the guide roller is out over the edge of the starwheel. Maybe the arm should be bent in a little to get the roller to fit in the notches.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Mike, I spun the mainshaft by hand and tried to shift, but it still wont advance to 2nd. I tried to spin the wheel and shift as well. It is so confusing, because it will shift through if I bypass the shift lever.
Did you ever figure out the solution to this by and chance

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tobyj last logged in here on Mar 27, 2016, and this thread holds his only posts. The youtube video is lost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts