Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...

This is my first posting of my HONDA CB250G project. I bought the motorcycle in Madrid Spain from someone who had it for many years, but never got it running. The bike only had 17K km and the chrome, seat, and other components were all original and in great shape. The bike was originally from Zurich, so I had to register it here as a historical motorcycle to make it legal.

That was a huge bureaucratic process that took month. When I first saw the bike I was like wow, it look all original and in good shape until I saw the gas tank all rusty. I restored the gas tank by stripping out the tank from the inside first using vinegar and bolts, then using an electrolytic process and coating with fuel proof epoxy later. The end results were great, got all the rust out and stripped it to bare metal while retaining the original paint.

The carburetors were also in bad shape and needed some love. Rebuilt them completely including swapping out the jets.

I decided that I wanted to do a street tracker build and not just a stock restore since I have other classic motorcycles that I restored. I have a couple of ideas I wanted to experiment with this build. I will explain more in my next posts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts