Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I tried to search around this forum a little but couldn't quite find what I was looking for.

I'm not new to wrenching but I am new to motorcycles and I bought this CB200 about a month ago with a few issues. I'm starting to go through the fuel system. I'm in the middle of disassembling one of the stock Keihin carburetors and I've hit a bind. I'm trying to remove all the parts to soak the carb body in carb cleaner, but I cannot figure out how to remove the choke lever/shaft to release the choke valve. After removing the retaining nut I was able to wiggle it part way out, but it stops at the point shown in the third picture below. I cannot see what is stopping it from fully coming out. I don't want to force it because this whole carburetor feels very fragile. I can't put the carb in the cleaner bucket as it sits, because that rubber seal on the shaft will be destroyed.

I just looked at a parts schematic for the carburetors and I noticed it doesn't label or show an exploded view of any of the parts related to the choke. Does this imply that this part isn't meant to be disassembled? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
The shaft has been staked; it won't come out without destroying the bushing anyway. Go ahead and clean the whole carb in the bucket; it won't hurt. Welcome to the forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts