Honda Twins banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Hey I was wondering...

Does anyone have any advice for getting the rear brake pedal on? I'm completely stumped. I understand (I think) how it's supposed to fit together, but that spring is always kind of blocking the pivot pin from lining up and there's no room to work. I'm half tempted to remove the swing arm just to have better access.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 · (Edited)
Bunch of little things here and there. Was finally able to get the rear brake pedal attached when I realized I was putting the spring end through the hole instead of behind the tab :mad:

Just wrapped my pipes and fitted the mufflers. Not too bad but the mufflers are a little too wide at the base to sit parallel to one another. might have to play around with it a bit. Looks pretty damn cool though:

11351161_10155619314430298_4589140709173806611_n.jpg

Which makes me wonder. Does anyone sell a small offset piece that would add a small (.5'') amount of space between my mufflers? Not a huge problem I guess...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Hello all. It's been a while and I've been through a lot of big life changes. It's looking doubtful that I'll be able to finish this project in the near future, so I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in picking up where I left off. I'm posting an add in the "for sale" section.

Ian

·
Registered
10 Posts
Day 2 complete so I thought I'd share my progress.

I tried to start dismantling the engine but that didn't last long. There's a screw above the part where the tach cable enters the engine that is completely rounded out. I assume it's what's holding the cable in because I don't know how the hell else it's coming out. Broke my only phillips head impact bit so I'm going to have to just wait.

There's a bolt right under the cable that is holding the head on so nothing else is happening to the engine for the time being. Also, ordered a brand new Eastwood MIG welder off of ebay. After wrestling with the engine this morning I've decided my first project will be some sort of an engine mount. The engine is just rolling all over my bench without one.

Also of note, I'm pretty used to my plugs being completely black as a result of running rich. I noticed that the left plug in particular is not the typical dry black, but had a bit of a shine to it. I believe this means oil fouled? I'm not sure what that could be from. It's definitely a small bit though...and hard to see in the pic:

I decided I'd get to work on the frame until I can get my engine troubles sorted out. Today was all about dismantling, taking notes, and labeling ziplock bags.

The wiring harness gave me stressed me out just looking at it so a part of me just wants to scrap it and start the electrical from scratch.

Not a bad day's work all and all. I've just about got a bare frame. Here's where I'm at currently:

I did end up with a part laying on the ground and I'm not sure where it came from. Looks like a spacer of some sort. Rear wheel spacer maybe?

Also. I'm almost positive I want to put scrambler pipes on here. If anyone has a decent pair of CL 360 pipes their willing to part with let me know!!!
Engine mount spacer, rear lower left side, behind the sprocket cover, on the long engine mount bolt that the foot pegs mount to

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Sorry Steve, your a couple of years too late.
The original post was 2015 and last post before your reply 2017.

I'm guilty of replying to stuff on 'Recommended Reading' without checking dates though, even made a complaint about things being so far out of date

81 - 86 of 86 Posts