Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I've got a 1974 Honda cb200 that I've been restoring. Recently I fixed one of the problems being that it didn't have a starter solenoid. I bought one installed it and now I've got the headlight and tail light working. Before it was just the starter motor because the cable was hooked up directly to the battery. Anyway, now I've also replaced the ignition coil because the other one was bad. After trying to start it up, the coil is getting warm to the touch, but I'm not getting any spark. I don't know if this means I need to check my voltage regulator or what. Sorry if I'm missing something blatantly obvious. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks guys!
-Alec

·
Sensei
27,096 Posts
Coil will get warm (or hot) only when points are closed and it's energised... Most of the time, it isn't (or shouldn't be)....
Check that the points are gapped at .014" at the widest opening, and that they open at EXACTLY the F line alignment with the index line......
Spark from the coil can ONLY occur if BOTH output wires (to the plugs) are capable of being simultaneously grounded by the sparks....
You may phone...540-525-5199....Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts