Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Nice one. It has the bigger disc brake and the painted fork ears. It's a k4. Looks similar to the early 750's. I paid $650 for mine 15 or so years ago. They're my favorite year next to the bombers.

Edit: it's a 71 not a 74

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
All DOHC 450s and 500s are collectible, some more than others. Mechanical parts are reasonably available, cosmetic parts not as much. Wealth of knowledge here and pretty much anything you need to know is in the archives.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I’ve been rebuilding a Nighthawk 450 with the help from this forum. I’m about done with it and now I think I’ve got bit by the bike bug!! Lol

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I'll second what Jim said. You will regret it if you don't get this bike.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
So, did ya snatch it up? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Reactions: Merkdawg0084

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well actually no.. I asked the guy if I came to look at it could I do a compression test. He said no!! “You’re not tearing this bike apart this is a 5000 bike and I’m selling it for 600.” He had a real pissy attitude. So I was a little leary since he wouldn’t let me do a compression check. Thoughts anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Walk, if it was priced as a parts bike I would say get it but it is not and pulling two spark plugs isn't tearing into it.

He might not understand the importance of a good engine since parts are hard to find or he thinks he has it priced so low you shouldn't be "looking a gift horse in the mouth".

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Maybe he doesn't understand what taking a compression reading entails? What's the big deal with just taking out the spark plugs?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I explained to him about a compression test and he said “ I know what a compression test is and you’re not removing a plug.” I told him I’ve saw better bikes than his and they don’t pull 5000$, so he called me a smart ass?. I told him that most people would want to do a compression check. He said He’s sold 11 bikes in the last year and only compression test is kicking it over no gauge. Lol

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Wow nice character that guy. Yeah I'd walk on this. Dude is hiding something.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts