Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner here of a 1974 cb360t and need some guidance. Purchased this gem a few months ago for $900. Took it to the local mechanic to get the bike mechanically sound, then I can learn, read here and tinker with from now on. Just got the bike back a few days ago after a carb rebuild , timing set, new plugs, plug wires, points done, new air filters and so on. Well I felt like the idle wasn’t set properly when I took it out. Ran great for about 30 minutes and when I’d shift down into first to stop it would stall and then seemed it was a lot harder to stay idle than it was when it first started. Also it would backfire occasionally. These are new air filters with new boots with everything tight. So the problem I ran into was I was adjusting the idle set screw and it came out, don’t think it was screwed in much to be honest. I have the air/fuel set at 1 1/2 turns out and seem to be the best but was adjusting the idle set and that happened. Where and how hard is it to screw back in, can’t seem to find where the other end goes. I’ve googled and looked at diagrams and it doesn’t show up close. Here are a few pics. If this seems hard to read I’m writing from a iPad mini. Any guidance will help. Thanks Greg

FF99CDB1-9558-4C95-9304-D5FE9E01BCE6.jpg 2AFF6945-9873-47A9-89F3-5AE8934F10EA.jpg 50246851-41F7-437B-AE78-F1C3BAE6F330.jpg 78AF3897-DFF7-4B7E-B016-01C5AB4968DD.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Pics look like they came through OK. It’s going to be really tough to re-thread the thing with the carbs on the bike - if you pull them off and look at the carbs from above, the way they sit in the bike (so intakes pointing towards you, exhausts pointing away), the throttle wheel, where the cable runs, will have a tab on the left hand side. It’s probably pressing directly against the spot that screw threads into, as the screw isn’t there to separate them. It’ll be more apparent if you rotate the throttle wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts