Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all,

Im in the process of rebuilding the starter motor roller clutch on the backside of the flywheel and unsurprisingly it all fell to pieces when removing the flywheel. The three screws that hold the clutch to the flywheel had backed out at some point and done a heap of damage to both the clutch and the flywheel. Anyway its pretty much mangled so im looking at a couple of replacements on ebay for the whole unit and have a question about the stampings on the front face of the flywheel.

All of the ones I am looking at specify that they're from the same year bike, and have the same "369" stamped on the front face of the flywheel. Where they differ is the stamp on the opposite side of 369. The flywheel that came off mine is stamped "7 M". Is this number important/do I need a flywheel with the same stamp? Can't seem to find one currently, so if it needs to be the same and anyone has one id be more than happy to buy it!

I have the replacement rollers/caps/springs ready to go, but if anyone has any other tips/info about this itd be greatly appreciated.

Cheers - jackson

Couple pics of the one off the bike currently
IMG_0242.JPG IMG_0243.JPG IMG_0260.JPG IMG_0239.JPG IMG_0244.JPG

·
Registered
13,085 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
bumping this up. do you know if the rotor for the 72 cb450 model would fit a 74 cb450 ? i don't see any info on this.. unless there was a change in sometimes in 73?
thank you !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts