Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! My name is Nate and I'm working on a CB360. I've only posted on here a few times, but as I get further into the build, I figured I would start a thread. So far I've been able to find a lot of good information on here and everyone has been very helpful. This is my first attempt at rebuilding a motorcycle; though I grew up restoring old triumphs (cars) with my dad. I'll post a few pics of what I've been working on so far and toss out a couple questions regarding things I've noticed so far..
57014115874__49480FFB-E69A-4E69-8636-AC7AFDBBEB73.jpg IMG_8556.jpg IMG_8558.jpg IMG_8824.JPG

Looking at picture 3, behind the screw that holds the breaker plate assembly, it looks like a piece has broken off. Has anyone run into this?
In picture 4, you can see the neutral light switch. The plastic has actually sheared off. Seeing as I don't plan to run a setup with a neutral light, will this cause me any problems if I just leave it as is and don't reconnect it?

I appreciate any feedback. Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi Nate ... my first project was a CB360T (75) also ... I am not running a neutral light either and, unless someone says otherwise, I think you'll be OK leaving it as is ... also, I would strongly suggest replacing the cam chain tensioner while you have the motor off ... its pretty simple and will save you some grief up the road ... you can get one at Common Motor ... Good luck ... Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bill!
I've already purchased numerous top end parts including the tensioner. Looking forward to reassembly, but for now I see a lot of scrubbing and sandblasting in my future! I really appreciate the feedback. I will be posting regular updates!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts