Honda Twins banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I need a new rectifier, does anyone know if I can replace it with one from another model honda? OR any links to buy them?

Cheers,
Colin

·
Registered
548 Posts
I've got a cl350, and decided to replace my rectifier. I just went to a radio shack and picked up 12 volt rectifier for under ten bucks. I believe it was called a silicon diode rectifier, but its much smaller than the original and I've never had problems with it. when i wired mine up, red went to + black to - and pink and yellow i believe don't matter, they just go on the other two. I know we don't have the same model, but they should be similar enough unless yours is a 6 volt system.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
That's all you need. Pink and yellow inputs are 'don't-matters'. Red output to battery (+), black output to ground.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does anyone know how to find the rectifier on a cb200? I just got a replacement. Took off the side panels and air box, saw the regulator sitting there, but nothing that looks like my rectifier. I guess it's possible someone switched it for something that looks like this. If so, how would i find it? Is it under the gas tank, or somewhere near the battery box? Please help. A picture or diagram would be nice!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Its in the top horizontal frame section that the gas tank covers. Its just forward of the vertical "box" frame section that runs between the air boxes. Hope that helps. The parts fiche on bikebandit shows roughly where its at but its a little difficult to find the number for it. Its #6 on the parts list. Hope that helps.

Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thank you so much. That helps a lot. So I've got to remove the gas tank? I'm very new, so I have no idea how that is done, but can give it a shot this weekend. Is there any trick to removing the gas tank, or is it obvious like taking off the side panels? Thanks again!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Lift up the seat. There should be 2 bolts holding the rear of the tank in a rubber mount. Remove those and the mount and the tank should slide back off the front mounts. The bolt holding the rectifier should be just forward of the rear tank mount on the top side of the frame. Loosen that and the rectifier should come out the bottom of the frame tube.

Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
It worked! On mine I didn't have to remove 2 bolts. Pulled rubber thing off tank, lifted tank, unscrewed single bolt holding rectifier on. Thanks for helping me find it. Battery charges now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I guys. I believe my rectifier is broke as well. My battery is not charging. Is there an easy way to test it, so I know that is the real problem before i buy it and replace it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey-I had my buddy test my stator. I'd reccomend doing that because it turned out my stator had to be wound, and that was the problem, not the rectifier. My bike is running great now. I paid $90 to have my stator repaired and am using rick's rectifier/regulator. I paid someone to install it but it was so worth it. I can ride my bike around all day, use the electric starter, and never brake down or have to charge the battery anymore. I can't really tell you how to fix it, but I can say its worth it to test everything. It looked really easy to do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts