Honda Twins banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2974 cb200
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems off. Probably should be on outside of fender strut, correct?
Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
Looks as though you have the wrong front mudguard. That rubber loop should be on the left side, cables routed through it. Earlier bikes had a chromed loop on the mudguard stay, again on the left side.

·
Registered
2974 cb200
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you this one does have a clip on the right side. Ok just looked and there's a clip on the inner fender, so I guess I'll just zip tie for now on the inside.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Vehicle
Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Hood Automotive tire Bicycle

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Wrong front wheel, should have that early cable-operated disc brake wheel assembly.

·
Registered
2974 cb200
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I think the wheel is correct just that the fender is later model. My bike is a 1974

·
Registered
196 Posts
Wrong front wheel, should have that early cable-operated disc brake wheel assembly.
Thanks I think the wheel is correct just that the fender is later model. My bike is a 1974
You should listen to him. Why would you come to a forum and ask a question and have someone who's been here for 9 years and almost 3200 posts give you an answer and then disagree with him? All the CB200s had the mechanical front disc brake, '74 through '76, no drum front wheels on the US models. That explains the fender difference.
But go ahead and believe what you want.

·
Registered
2974 cb200
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you sir, if I may direct you to Page 45 in Honda Shop Manual. Am I seeing something wrong?
Photograph Font Motor vehicle Vehicle Parallel
Font Circle Electric blue Publication Engineering
Photograph Font Motor vehicle Vehicle Parallel

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
The US market version was built with the disc brake, someone must have swapped wheels at some time, most likely got tired of trying to make that cable-operated caliper work.

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
We had drum braked CB200s over here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2974 cb200
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so we are saying that all us model cb200 had disk brakes. Original question still applies, do the cables go to the outside of the mudguard strut? Looking at Richards photo they seem to be outboard

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
CL175, same as CL200 front end.

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
CL175 fitted with a pattern (CG125) front mudguard.

Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
And finally, a CB175 fitted with original Honda mudguard. Ignore the incorrect speedo cable !

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

1 - 15 of 15 Posts