Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this is my first post to the forum. I currently have a 1975 XL125 that I use for riding trails(doesn’t have a title) and a 1972 CB350 that belongs to my dad that I’m helping him restore.
But Ive been in the market for my first road bike and I came across a 1974 CB125S. I love the look of the CB series bikes and I’ve been drawn to the CB125 as a first bike considering I like the the way my XL handles and I’m comfortable on it (6 foot, 145 pounds). I only plan on riding on country roads and to work. But anyway, the guy wants 600 (I got him down from 700) and it’s overall a pretty clean bike with some normal wear considering it’s age. He says the only thing wrong is that the clutch isn’t disengaging fully. To me it sounds like it wouldn’t be a hard or costly problem to take care of? But I’ve never worked on a clutch yet. The bike comes with an extra motor that has a blown head gasket and a repair manual. I’ve wrenched a bit on mine and my dads bike and enjoy learning more about working on these classic bikes. Sorry for the long post but I’ll stop there, I’m just hoping to get some input on whether the 125 sounds like a decent deal? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Depends on where you are as bike values vary significantly by location. Where I am that would be a bit high.

Welcome to the group.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts