Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm looking for help with my 1974 cb125s. After a lot of fiddling with the air and idle screws the bike starts first kick, and idles well (maybe slightly faster than i'd like? but pretty healthy)

but as soon as you give it any revs it dies. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I should say this carb isn't stock, its the closest thing i could find to stock shape, but I think its a little smaller.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Could be a vacuum leak, could be the float is set too low, could be the slow speed and/or main jets are plugged. Knowing specifically what carb you have might help.

Welcome to the group.

Got pictures?:p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply.

Hard to say what carb it is. I took a chance on this random eBay one because it was so cheap and i'm broke. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Heres some pictures. As you can see the carbs output is a little smaller than the engines intake. it still forms a good seal but the problem (if it is one) would be that the diameter of the output is smaller than the intake. If that would be causing a problem, what would the symptoms be? and could i tune this carb to settings that will work? or is it just totally hopeless? could it be something to do with setting that ring clip on the main jet higher or lower?

heres some pictures -

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts