Honda Twins banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1974 CB 125 that was passed down to me a few years ago that sat in a garage for about 30 years. After getting a new plug, oil change, carb rebuild and getting the tank re-lined, the bike fired up and ran like a champ. Currently the bike only has about 1,300 miles on it and it sitting for about the past 3 years. So last weekend the wife and I decided to get the bike running again, so I went and purchased a few items for a tune-up. After changing the plug, oil & battery, I got it to fire up but only after a few minutes. At this point it would only run if I kept the idle high and constantly revving it.

This happened before when we first go the bike running a few years ago. So I took the carb off, stripped it down and gave it good soaking in parts cleaner. Now after putting the carb back together and setting the idle and A/F screws to the approximate location, I can not get the bike to fire up. I checked the plug after a few kick starts and the plug is getting wet but still not running. Next I checked the coil for spark by grounding it to the head. I am getting spark but I am not sure if it is enough to get it running. I did check the ohms of the coil and I am getting 1.7 to 2.0 ohms but I am not sure if the ohms fall in spec as I cant find anything listed.

Currently I am at a road block and I could use some advise to get the bike up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts