Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He guys, new here, and i just picked up my first bike. It's a '74 Honda cb 360, i bought it for $100 bucks. It hasn't been ran in 4 years but i spent several hours going over it today and feel confident i can get her going. I started with checking over wires, fuses and changing the fluids. I'm picking up a battery tomorrow as the one on it can not hold a charge. The bike has seen better days and is missing a few things (mainly front turns signals broken, mirrors and a new seat) but after my initial attempt the engine did turn over, so here's to hoping. I'm looking forward to riding something i restored myself as a first bike. If you guys have any pointers or heads up I should watch for, I appreciate any input.
Here's some pics so you have an idea what I'm getting into. :)
[attachment=0:3v5q6dsd]CB 360 6-24-09.jpeg[/attachment:3v5q6dsd]
[attachment=1:3v5q6dsd]2 Cb 360 6-23-09.jpeg[/attachment:3v5q6dsd]

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
I would take a look at the plugs. They will tell the life of it before it stopped running.

Then the obvious stuff, check for oil before you start it, have the carbs cleaned.

I've pretty much experienced almost EVERY problem that you could virtually have with a cb360. I have finally figured out whats up with mine but if you have any questions i have quite a few youtube videos of how to set the timing, how to do this and that. Quite a few of the 360 so if your confused a video of an actual 360 could help you.

Also..............spoon with it one night. It may decide not to be such a piece after that lol.

Doesn't look bad though, i picked mine up from my friend for 150. Naturally the engine self destructed so i've had to take a lot more apart than i'm sure you've had to but done it enough times to do it within a few minutes lol.

·
Registered
608 Posts
slippyslide said:
i just picked up my first bike. It's a '74 Honda cb 360,
you poor ba$^rd ....... :lol:

I've got a 74 parts bike let me know if you need any bits and pieces

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
If you're gonna restore it...first thing you'll need to buy is a digital camera. That phone camera aint gonna cut it bro, you'll be relying on details in those pics to reassemble. Good luck by the way..theres plenty of 360 action flying around here at present, so I'm sure most of your questions will be answered :D

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
LOL so true

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Now now boys...thats no good for team morale :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol :lol:
This sounds like it's gonna be fun. Ya i have a decent digital camera, was just excited when i got the bike i couldn't wait for it to charge or the time it would take to find another set of batteries. I'll post a better pic before i start ripping her apart next week. I bought a new battery today and got it filled and charging as i type.
Thank you for the support and Sakibomb, I'll probably be hitting ya up for some of those you tube links before I'm thru. ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts
slippyslide said:
lol :lol:
This sounds like it's gonna be fun. Ya i have a decent digital camera, was just excited when i got the bike i couldn't wait for it to charge or the time it would take to find another set of batteries. I'll post a better pic before i start ripping her apart next week. I bought a new battery today and got it filled and charging as i type.
Thank you for the support and Sakibomb, I'll probably be hitting ya up for some of those you tube links before I'm thru. ;)
No prob, i'll probably be making a few more in the next week or so. If i get a head gasket i'll make one over swapping the heads. Its not hard but once you do it like 4 times in the same day you realize what stuff you don't really "HAVE" to remove.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts