1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I found this CB360 for sale:

https://madison.craigslist.org/mcy/d/honda-cb/6205890298.html

What do you guys think. price wise? condition? I know its hard to tell from just pics and the sellers description.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I am good with tools and mechanical servicing. I have experience in training as a aviation airframe/powerplant technician, but don't want to risk owning a beautiful bike that can't run. or is going to cost me an arm and a leg to bring it back to life.

P.s. took MSF and passed. just waiting on my certificate to get my license endorsed!

Thanks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello,

I found this CB360 for sale:

https://madison.craigslist.org/mcy/d/honda-cb/6205890298.html

What do you guys think. price wise? condition? I know its hard to tell from just pics and the sellers description.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I am good with tools and mechanical servicing. I have experience in training as a aviation airframe/powerplant technician, but don't want to risk owning a beautiful bike that can't run. or is going to cost me an arm and a leg to bring it back to life.

P.s. took MSF and passed. just waiting on my certificate to get my license endorsed!

Thanks!
If you do not know how to repair a bike do not buy a motorcycle that is not running, especially at that price. Also, do not buy a motorcycle that is highly modified as that one is, you have no idea whether the modifications are safe, especially when the frame has been cut.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I see several things wrong with this bike already and that's just what I can see.

1. No mufflers. Yeah we all know how great these bikes run without any back pressure - not :)
2. No front fender or any fork brace to speak of. This will make for a very exciting and unsafe ride if you should ever be unlucky enough to hit a pot hole on the road and twist your forks :)
3. No rear fender/mud guard. Yeah, everyone could use a mud stripe right down the middle of the back while riding- what's not to love? :)
4. No stock air box but using velocity stacks instead. This means the carbs will be a b!tc# and a half trying to get them to run right.
5. Looks like it only has a speedometer and missing a tach. Good luck trying to adjust the ignition timing without a tach.

Not to mention that the bike itself looks completely unfinished and half ass built. But that could be just my own personal taste though LOL
I would personally steer clear of this bike for that asking price. Maybe offer him $500 if the bike runs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for all the heads up guys! That is why I signed up for this forum!

I wasn't really considering it, because it is obviously way over priced.

500 bucks I'd rather buy me a boosted board instead of an unsafe bike.

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
Walk the other way, Not worth the hassle or worth that much as it sits. If the guy doesn't want to buy a battery to get it running he must have had a hell of a time with it normally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts