Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy folks I'm new to the forum and relatively new to motorcycles and I just bought this honda sl350 and I am thinking about restoring it but it might be too much of a project for my first bike. I'm thinking about a trade for something that ran or a partial trade. This bike has been stored in a shed and was last licensed in 1980, two owners.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I think you're being foolish myself. You've got an almost complete SL350, very hard to find in the first place. Only missing the gauges and the tool box cap which are not that hard to find. The tank has a hard dent which won't affect the bike. Finding a good tank is tough for a decent price, took me over a year and $150 to get one. You have a complete original exhaust, very rare to see.
This won't be a quick project but in the end you'll have a nice low production/sales bike. Unlike the CB/CL 350's that were mass marketed the SL wasn't that popular or mass produced.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
^^^ Like longdistancerider said. This thread is very well written, and would give you a good look inside an SL350.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The muffler, even rusty, is probably worth what you paid for the bike.
Nice score!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts