Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Pardon my idiocy. I was researching how much to torque down the nuts that hold the front axle to the forks and over torqued one of the nuts and the bolt snapped. Is there any way to fix this or do I need to get a new front fork?

20190509_145401.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had a ton of trouble getting these out of my GL1000 that sat for 20 years. Any tips other than grow a pair? Would putting a torch on it before using vice grips help?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Just a curious question, what does everyone think of places like partzilla or bike bandit? They seem to have more parts I need than I can find on hondapartsnow.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
It depends on what you're looking for... I posted the Hondapartsnow link because it came up quickly and their price on that stud is cheap, but I've never personally bought from them, just a friend has who bought many front end parts for a Honda CRV from them. Bike Bandit and Partzilla are okay, I've bought from both at one time or another... I make purchase choices based on price, shipping costs and the likelihood of honesty based on their history (research) and their website appearance (security)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts