Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy folks,

I am the proud new owner of a beautiful 1973 CL125. Although far from original (cafe/brat), she's a sweet bike who's been well taken care of and is in good shape. That said, there's a lot I plan on doing to improve her, both mechanically and aesthetically, so I figured I ought to go ahead and introduce myself on here as I'll likely be floating a number of questions in the coming weeks. In the two weeks since I picked up the bike, I've done my best to identify non-drivetrain related points of improvement (engine/drivetrain etc will come later), and thus far I've purchased new rear shocks (in the box still, probably will put on in the morning), new gaiters for the front, and a headlight cage. Next up on my list, in no particular order, is removing the front fender, replacing the air filter, tuning the carbs, painting the engine, wheels/spokes, fork, clutch cover, etc black, installing clip-on bars, throwing a muffler on (right now she is obnoxiously loud–or so my neighbor claims :) ), installing an inline fuel filter below the petcock, redoing seat-mounting hardware (which is currently one pin in the back and a Timberland belt in the front) replacing the front springs, replacing brake and clutch cabling, full brake rebuild, and cleaning up the electrical system (which is currently messy 6v tangle of wires). Mid-July I will do a top-down rebuild of the engine (and in doing so hopefully prevent the misfires that become increasingly frequent over 45 MPH), as well as tear apart the clutch and figure out why she gets stuck above 2nd sometimes. All said, she's a sweet little machine but there's a lot I want to do to her.

elle pre-buy1.jpg elle pre-buy2.jpg

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome, she looks cool.

I just got my little CB100 up and running.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts