Honda Twins banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Just a thought....Make sure your coils are well grounded. Sometimes running a wire from the coils to the negative battery post can fix a bad ground. See if there is sparking at the points when running. There should not be any sparking
The points are definitely still sparking, but not nearly as much as they were with the bad condenser. The mounting hardware on the coils does seem a bit rusty, could that be causing an intermittant coil?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The points should not consistently spark while running. Occasionally is ok . After market condensers? coils?
Condensers are aftermarket from partsgiant.com, and when I bought the bike, i got an invoice with it from a repair shop that said they had replaced the starter motor cable, starter solenoid, and coils as well as fuel lines and a few other superficial fixes. I googled the Repair shop, and found out that it is located in a sketchy side of town, and had rather polorized reviews on yelp, so it wouldn't be all that shocking to me if they messed something up with the replacement coils.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts