Honda Twins banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1973 CD 175 T4
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,
I started this build some time ago then life got in the way. now that I am retired I am back at it.
as you can see there was quite a bit done before I stopped working on it, unfortunately I have lost all of the pictures of the work done previously.
I have picked up where I left off with the engine rebuild.
If anyone can direct me to where I can purchase a factory service manual for a 1973 CD175 T4 that would be great.
I do not want to make any assumptions, I am thinking the "in" on the piston means intake side. also I do not think I need any sealant/adhesive for the base gasket please correct me if I am wrong.
any suggestions or input is greatly appreciated.
Jim

Attachments

· Registered
1,711 Posts
Hi JC,

You know of CMSNL.com and partzilla for the wonderfully exploded views, data and actual picture of interested part.

I am sure I have a pukka honda shop manual, will check later...

· Registered
1973 CD 175 T4
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey DD24
Thanks for the reply!
CMSNL is a great resource I have been using but have not tried partzilla I will be sure to.
It would be awesome if you did have a manual I could purchase...as good as those sites are there is no substitute for the factory service manual.
Jim

· Registered
1973 CD 175 T4
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey all. can anyone tell me their thoughts on this timing chain adjuster?
without a new one or some sort of service tolerance it is hard to tell if this one is worn out or not also not sure if these things get brittle with age.
Any input would be great.
Thanks in advance
Jim

Attachments

· Premium Member
542 Posts
Hey all. can anyone tell me their thoughts on this timing chain adjuster?
without a new one or some sort of service tolerance it is hard to tell if this one is worn out or not also not sure if these things get brittle with age.
Any input would be great.
Thanks in advance
Jim
The tensioner wheels are worn to the point of replacement. As you mentioned; these are getting hard to find, and they’re pricey. Last I looked, CMSNL had them. There’s also a couple of eBay vendors that have new ones also. Used ones can be hit & miss for a quality part.

· Registered
1973 CD 175 T4
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tensioner wheels are worn to the point of replacement. As you mentioned; these are getting hard to find, and they’re pricey. Last I looked, CMSNL had them. There’s also a couple of eBay vendors that have new ones also. Used ones can be hit & miss for a quality part.
[/QUOT

· Registered
1,711 Posts
Hi jmc,
Humble apologies for late reply, I have found the manual but it's for a cb175/cl and SL.

Any info you want from it just ask.i will mark this thread so will get an email once I find out how to mark it.

Some pictures of interest to come this evening, busy day ahead.

Dd23

· Registered
1973 CD 175 T4
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks DD23.
I have been working away at the bike a little bit and am surprised at how well reassembly of the engine is going considering it has been years since I took it Part plus a move across country and so far have found all the parts I have needed. Will post pics soon
I am about to hit a wall as I wait on my new timing chain adjuster, clutch plates,etc.
If you had a chart of the engine torque specs that would be helpful.
Thanks Jim

· Premium Member
542 Posts
Hey Jim, noticed you mentioned clutch plates. Make sure to soak them in motor oil for a few hours before installing them. Look forward to seeing your photos. Thanks for the updates.

· Registered
1973 CD 175 T4
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DD23,
Thank you so much that is exactly what I need!
I think they are clear enough I will print them and keep them in the shop.
Hopefully at some point I will come across a FSM of my own but have started a library of this stuff in the meantime...you never know at some point I might be able to share with other members.
Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts