Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's not mine yet, but this is potentially my second project bike (help me, I think I might be addicted).

She's been sitting there for four years or so after her owner laid her down, drove home, and wrapped her up loosely.

I'm not sure how to value it, since the current owner is a family friend. So any guidance?

20180927_113020.jpg

20180927_113611.jpg

20180927_113624.jpg

20180927_113637.jpg

20180927_114245.jpg

20180927_114252.jpg

EDIT: I frankly have no clue why my pictures are all inverted here, but not on my home computer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm no expert but I don't see any major rust, just dirt and it looks complete. Of course it's not running so from my experience with craigslist it's worth no more than $1000. Since it's your friend maybe he'll let you have it for half that much :grin: In any case looks more promising than Twinstar full of wasps!

BTW if I click on the pictures twice they go right side up.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
The additction kicks in once you have your 1st bike.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I'm thinking it's really a 1974... the bike came out in '74 and I don't think they ever did any early releasing like the car manufacturers do, and even if they did it would have been touted as a new model and called a '74 since it replaced the CB350 that ended in '73. If the title says '73 then it could very well have been a mistake

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking it's really a 1974...
Yeah, probably. I was just going off the Vin sticker mfr date.

Either way, I have to contact the owner again when things settle down here.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Well, it looks like something worth pursuing... original paint, looks to be complete and about 10,000 miles. Looks like it should be a good one

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
There's been a few 73 year model 360s posted about that I remember usually very late in that year. Drums were for sure 74 year only at least in sales as that was the only year they sold them with front drums.

Its about 20K units older than mine according to the vin, mine was made in January '74. I'd have a hard time not letting that one pass if the price was decent and paperwork was in order. Keep in mind there's awful lot of surface rust that I can see and that engine is pretty nasty looking on the outside, plenty of work just getting it to look decent. Can't tell from the pictures if the recall work has been done or not.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm happy to report I've secured this bike. $300 with first rights to buy it back if I ever sell, and the freedom to ride it anytime he comes back to town.

Now I have only two problems.
  • I have to wait for my wheel chock to come in so I can drag it home on a trailer.
  • I have to find a way to tell Mrs. Black I have a new project.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Nice buy. The 360 is a good sized bike, power enough for the freeway, small enough to get your kicks in without attracting too much attention. It looks like it has a leaky head gasket. Engine seals and gaskets will fix that. Not a lot of money, but elbow grease will get it back in shape. If it was mine I would pull the motor, disassemble and clean the engine. Inspect for wear, then clean the rest of bike. I would change the brake shoes, new tires and inner tubes, clean and regrease the steering stem bearings and swing arm. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well. Mrs. Black took it well. All she wants is a Trike.

Got my eye on a '98 Goldwing Trike now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally got time to bring the CB360 home. It's resting on the centerstand in the garage. Battery is toast of course, so it's on a trickle charger for a few days. It's just as well. I won't have a chance to take inventory on it till Monday at the earliest.
Back to the checklist.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've had zero opportunity to even look at it this winter. Now that Spring is here and my 185 T is running well I've got time now to start looking at it.
So... I've at least moved it over to the rolling platform I've built so I can slide it out into middle of the garage when Mrs is gone.

It's going to be another week or two before I can actually start ordering parts, but I need to "hurry" since my son is looking to get his motorcycle license now. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts