Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can shed a little light. My bike will only run with the choke fully 'open'. does this mean it is not normally getting enough air?

yesterday i was riding at 4000rpm, closed the choke and the bike died out. later on i noticed my left carb had gas leaking out. i thought it may be from an old float bowl gasket needing to be replaced. but my left exhaust does pop on deceleration which i've heard is a sign of running rich. i've also noticed a screw missing on the outside left carb, below the idle adjustment. i'm thinking this is probably the culprit. maybe it allows more air into the carbs? the carbs are as sync'd as i can get them. i went ahead and ordered a carb kit and throttle cables kit (as it had stock cables and thought it could hurt if i may need to pull them out)

also what's the trick to getting the tank off without pouring gasoline all over yourself and your bike?

any insight would be appreciated.

dan

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
If the bike runs good with the choke open then that's good. You only close the choke (butterfly) to get extra fuel to get it started. Then you open the choke (butterfly) to run once it's warm.

As for the missing screw I don't know what to tell you. Maybe put your finger over the hole and see if the idle changes? You might need to locate a spare set of carbs to get some extra parts...

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts