Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm got a question about having my cb350 about 5mm advanced - wondering if it'll be hard on my valves or anything else - it's bored 20 over with high compression wiseco pistons and I'm running the FAT cam from an older cb350 - and 94 octane fuel - I'm 220lbs and my daughter is 100lbs and it seems to carry us around town alot better advanced - I'm not racing it but I do like to rip around town like I'm in a race - I also don't want to have to rebuild it for a really long time because I just basically did rebuild it and it cost alot to get bored and for pistons and fat cam etc

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also wondering how to get front brake to stop squealing I tried cutting a groove through the middle of the pads but didn't work

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
There is a reason the engineers that designed your bike came up with the specification for the timing. If you want a long and pleasant experience riding your bike it might be a good idea to heed their advice. Some of the folks that have experience racing these bikes may have different advice including what else you may have to do to accommodate the change.

Squealing brakes may be the result of glazed pads. While you may be able to eliminate the noise by sanding off the glaze the best answer is likely to replace them unless you know it's been done within the last few years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts