Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a cb 350 twin 1973. Have been searching the internet for information and ordered the cylmer book. The bike has had a bad cafe job attempted and abandoned. Was taking the right side apart to get to the clutch basket and look at the oil. Reason

The spline shaft shifter has lost its splines and some nut has been smashed onto the end in some desperation fix. I have ordered another one off eBay.

The oil filter had no clip and the o rings were mostly none existent. Also ordered another

My question. Is how interchangeable are the parts from year to year? Will a 72 spline shifter shaft work? Is eBay the only way to get them? Also I noticed the oil filter installed has numerous channels for the oil caps fins to be inserted yet the one I ordered has only 2. Does it matter? What would be the original?

Thanks. Hopefully I am not over my head here

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard, can't really answer the question but someone more familiar with this model will be along.
PM sent for the FSM, factory service manual, which is better than any aftermarket manual.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I suggest googling the "parts fiche" for your year and model. Then search through the various diagrams to find your specific part. There will be a parts number that you can search for on eBay. Often this will throw up results for other bikes that is that part. Then you can also search through those listings for the bikes/years (because not everyone uses parts numbers in their listings).

Not sure about the oil filter question but it it doesn't look like stock or a legit aftermarket, I'd swap it out to be safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts