Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Just joined the Honda Twin site and wanted to show off my CL350 K4.

Mac :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
That's in really great shape.
Did you come by it that way or did you restore it...?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I began this restoration project about six years ago, buying parts off Ebay and anywhere else I could find them. This bike was a junkyard bike when I started with it. Haven't messed with it much in about two years.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Very nice job Mac.

Where did you come by the gray clutch, brake and throttle cables?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All of the cables came off Ebay. Three of them from Japan (oldpartsshop) and the other two from different Ebay members.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Welcome, do you have a 'before' pic?

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Mac said:
I began this restoration project about six years ago, buying parts off Ebay and anywhere else I could find them. This bike was a junkyard bike when I started with it. Haven't messed with it much in about two years.
Wow. That's incredible. Awesome work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Attached is what the bike looked like before I started. Below is what I remember changing out on the bike. I have twice the money invested in this bike than the CB550 that I ride everyday.

NOS - Left and Right handlebar switches
NOS - Left and right mirrors
NOS – Headlight shell
NOS - Headlight ring
NOS - Headlight
NOS – Speedometer
NOS - Tachometer
NOS – Fuel tank (Candy Panther Gold) original Honda factory painted, not a repainted tank
NOS – Both Tank emblems
NOS – Side covers - original Honda factory painted, not repainted side covers
NOS – Both side cover emblems
NOS - Rectifer
NOS – Front fender
NOS – Rear fender
NOS – Coils
NOS – Points and points plate
NOS - Grab bar
NOS – Front signals
NOS - Both signal stays
NOS – Rear signals
NOS – Both air filters
NOS - Side stand spring
NOS - Main stand spring
NOS – Fork Bolts
NOS - Clutch cable
NOS - Throttle cable
NOS - Front brake cable
NOS – Speedometer cable
NOS – Tachometer cable
NOS – Shifter
NOS – Both rear exhaust heat shields
NOS – Both Fork ears
NOS - Both Handlebar grips
NOS - Throttle grip sleeve
NOS – Fuel tank cap
NOS – Front brake and clutch levers
NOS – Alternator cover
NOS – Handlebar clamp bolts
Very nice exhaust system (solid)
New seat cover
Both carbs were rebuilt
Re-chromed handlebars

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Well I think you trumped me on the spend of my resto :eek: good job.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I believe it's the original tire on the front and the back tire has been changed, but both were on the bike when I bought it. I have new front and rear Cheng Shin tires but have never put them on the bike.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok thanks for the info :)

I'm considering getting a pair of Dunlop K70's but I have to go up to a 3.25 front a 4.0 rear, just not sure if they would fit good.

Your bike looks really nice, good work :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought both of my tires from this guy. He is located in Nashville, Tn. Take a look at his Ebay auction and email him to see if he might have the tires that you are looking for.

Below is copied off his Ebay ad.

Ebay Item number: 270585058606

This auction is for a new front tire and a new rear tire for Honda motorcycle model CB350 Sport 350 and possibly others. Front tire is size 3.00x18. Rear tire is size 3.50x18. Front tire has a ribbed tread. Rear tire has a classic universal tread. Made by Cheng Shin. Immediate shipment with Paypal. Will wait for check to clear. PLEASE NOTE: Shipping to all states east of Mississippi River $21. Shipping to states between the Mississippi River and the Rockie Mtns is $23. All others in the lower 48 will be $27. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska will have to be determined. I also have tire sets for the CA100 CA110 S65 CA200 S90 CL125A SS125A CB125S CA95 CA160 CB160 CL160 CB72 CB77 CL72 CL77 and CL350. The sizes I have in ribbed: 3.00x16, 2.25x17, 2.50x17, 2.75x17, 2.50x18, 2.75x18 and 3.00x18. The sizes I have in universal tread pattern: 3.00x16, 3.25x16, 2.25x17, 2.75x17, 3.00x17, 2.75x18, 3.00x18, 3.50x18, 4.00x18, 3.00x19 and 3.50x19. These tires may fits certain Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki models as well.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts