Honda Twins banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Parts look clean, so it looks to me like only one careful, methodical day of assembly away from running. Why did you pull the studs out of the cases?
The only way to get the cases inside my small vapor blaster to clean them was to remove the studs. Actually....I could get them in the blaster but could not move them about enough to easily clean them.

· Registered
497 Posts
The only way to get the cases inside my small vapor blaster to clean them was to remove the studs. Actually....I could get them in the blaster but could not move them about enough to easily clean them.
Can you show that small vapor blaster......I'm probably gonna get one myself.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Budlite, a friend who works on old boat motors and I split the cost of a small vapor hone and we share it. Here is the link. Micro Vapor Hone – Vapor Blasting Equipment for Sale- Vapor Honing Technologies

It is small and not super powerful but gets the job done on small parts and carbs. There are certainly larger more powerful ones that will do some amazing stuff. The larger the size of the vapor hone the larger air compressor you have to have to run it as well .

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Today I have had some time and am painting the engine side covers with Duplicolor 1615 high temp paint. Does anyone bake their engine side covers to increase durability and gas oil resistance??? I think I have read some where about this but it is not on the product labeling. The Duplicolor VHT paint does have it on the labeling. Thanks for any info!

· Registered
79 Posts
Baking regular paint speeds-up the curing, but doesn't increase the durability.

Some high heat paints require it and are very specific about how to do it.

Duplicolor doesn't usually require it. VHT high heat does.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Baking regular paint speeds-up the curing, but doesn't increase the durability.

Some high heat paints require it and are very specific about how to do it.

Duplicolor doesn't usually require it. VHT high heat does.
Thanks for the information. Now my wife will not kill me for messing up the kitchen.

· Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the information. Now my wife will not kill me for messing up the kitchen.
You betcha!

On a related note, an easy way to tell if your paint is fully cured is to simply smell it. If it smells at all it's still releasing solvents and isn't fully cured.

If ever you plan to paint a gas tank, consider using a 2-part clear over the color. SprayMax 2K Clear in a spray can is very good. I've used it to repaint fairings in the past. No dulling and much more resistant to gas than any normal spray can finish.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well too many projects going at once and I’ve decided to try and get the cl100 off of my work table in the next 2 month and leave the cl77 alone till the 100 is done! Haha!!! At least you gotta have a plan..... I never seem to be able to stick to the plan. Here are painted engine covers.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts