Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been working on my brothers cl 350 he brought it to me because I have a cb 360 that I had done some work to after sitting in a barn for 10+years got it running and riding good. My brothers cl 350 was running good until about 3500 rpms and would struggle to about 5500 rpms and then take off . I cleaned the carbs , checked the rubber in carb slides , advance unit had a lot off slop so I found a better one on eBay that’s a lot better . Installed rectifier/ regulator combo battery shows 12.60 testing at terminals set timing / gaped in spec with fsm . New petcock because fuel didn’t to be flowing well, tanks clean , and did cam chain, valves and timing in that order. So now the bike fired up grate idles fine left cylinder runs grate revs up clean but right will back fire and seems to be cutting in and out when reving and riding . I replaced throttle shaft seals because when I sprayed carb cleaner that spot made motor die down at idle. New air filters , carb pistons move when I blow air into them but with air filter off didn’t move up when running in was kinda bouncing little , not sure how they supposed to move while running, compression is 155 on left and 157 on right cold throttle open . Been cleaning electrical connections coils are new condenser is new sanded when I had coils to clean up and rust , going to check valves again but felt good about them . Carbs were really clean but I cleaned them again took apart , compressed air and guitar string jets and ports . Have ran with points cover off , no change . What do I try now?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With air filter of and giving it throttle would I be able to see the slide go up if so is there a rpm range that this happens, it moved when I blew air into it on the bench. If it runs and idles but not so well when I just give right cylinder throttle , plug shows rich , could float height be contributing? Idles good

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you running stock air filters or pods? Pods can block the ports that the vacuum slides draw from and cause some weird issues. Another angle, did you replace the points? Did you time the right cylinder separately?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m running stock air filters , gaped left cylinder points , then timed left then right , right point was in spec , new ppints. Thanks for reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts