Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled the plugs, (brake side) head1.jpg head.jpg

Does is look like the old spark plug contact washer pressed into the head there, or is that the thread coil lifting out of the head?
Also, I'm afraid to do too much digging around the area (I don't plan on taking the heads apart just yet) does anyone know of a threaded plug I can insert while working.
Thanks for the HELP

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stock threads in the head are just threaded in the aluminum - that looks to me like a heli-coil has been inserted as a repair
That's kinda what I thought, thanks. How about plugging that hole while I clean around the area? Is there a savvy DIY why to plug the hole without a spark plug?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I suppose a small rubber plug, but you could just use an old spark plug so if it gets damaged it won't matter. Heli-coils can be somewhat fragile depending on how well they were done, so I'd make sure the old plug is screwed in all the way to protect the heli-coil from somehow loosening (not necessarily real tight, but all the way in)

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Foam ear plugs. Use a needle nose plier or hemostats to pull them back out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Those are B8ES holes... someone must have big ear openings to need that size, the ones I've seen are the size of C7HS. Good idea though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts