Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The thing was runny pretty well when I first got it home, took it on a 30-40min ride and it kinda whent to sh#@. It would not idol at less than 2 grand on the tach, and would hardly move at all untill I got it up to around 6 grand on the tach. No real power though any of it. Which is why I believe it a fuel issue. Checked the petcock, it leaks in the off position so I have to fix that. I also took off the right side carb to clean it. Looked fine. I have yet to take of the other carb, because at the time I was none to happy and did not feel like taking off the exhaust, but will do that today. Also, I did not have the proper sparkplug socket. Got one of them, so I can now check compression, spark, and the plugs. From there I'm not sure what my next step is...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No spark on the left side, time for a coil. The boot that conects to the sparkplug pretty much fell off so... :( But at least it was an easy find as long as that's the only problem.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
If petcock leaks in off position, MAKE SURE you don't have fuel in the oil sump!
This has destroyed several members engines......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
66Sprint said:
If petcock leaks in off position, MAKE SURE you don't have fuel in the oil sump!
This has destroyed several members engines......
I will definately check into that.

Question about the petcock: Mine is set up where a fitting stays on the tank(that looks to have teflon tape to keep it from leaking) and the actual petcock unscrews from it. When I took it off it had a broken o-ring on top of it. So, I thought there's my problem. Bought some new o-rings that were the same size put it on top the petcock like was previously done, and problem fixed. Wrong. O-ring ripped just like the original. So what's the deal? What do I use to keep it from leaking where it screws into the fiting? Teflon tape? A gasket of some sort? Mabe I'm useing the wrong o-ring? Don't know yet. I was planing on the teflon tape at this point. Is there any reason why I shouldn't?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts