Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read as many posts as I could. I switched leads changed condensers I even snagged a spare coil and checked it on my buddies coil tester, it tested good and it still is running on one cylinder. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Shane

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Shane... Phone me...... Your description is lacking....540-427-4256 Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Shane what kind of reply did you get back? I have a CL450(1970) and I just had it tuned-up last year(has not been riden for over 25 years). When it gets up to about 62 mph the left cylinder starts missing. It does not make any difference which gear you are in. From 0 to 60 mph it runs great. Thanks engstromr

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It wound up the petcock was bad. I replaced it with a new unit and I was off to the races. The fliter screen had disolved and clogged up the passages in the petcock. I cleaned out the tank and popped the new one on and she ran fine.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Fuel issues and ignition issues often have similar, even identical symptoms. So it is often difficult to tell which it may be. Being systematic helps, eleiminate the ignition by checking spark and timing. If the spark and timing are good, time to dig into fuel and carburetor issues.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alll of my girls from 2009. I still have the CL350 and the Z50. All the others were restored and sold to make way for more 350's and 450's.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts