Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my CL350 for about 10 years and did what I could on my college budget. Now she's been sitting for about 3 years in parts and I want to get it all back together again. The problem is I left the motor unfinished in the middle of a rebuild and I am having a heck of a time trying to time it/Valve clearance properly.

Things upgraded/done to motor:
Paint, New Rings, Re-hone, one of those fancy tensioners, Charlie's Electronic ignition, Ricks stator upgrade (previous upgrade WELL WORTH IT).

The problem is I have it all back together and I was having a really hard time lining up LT for Valve adjustments. when I go to make those adjustments on the intake side, It's was REALLY hard to turn the set screws. I have the motor all together right now, and I ended up taking it apart 3 times while in the frame! It's doable once you get past the first cover.

I tried just a quick spritz of Starter Fluid on each side (which carbs on) and I ended up just starting a small fire on each carb. Maybe I need the Carb air intake off to prevent that from happening and the exhaust on.

Need to help on determining if the motor is correctly timed or if somehow I did it on the wrong stroke?

I lined up the bottom LT with the tick on the CAM and the Flat spot on the Chain.

ANY help would be great.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Ignore the pin on the cam, only go by the line on the cam gear and the LT mark.

Are you trying to adjust all the valves from LT? Not going to work. Follow the procedure in the FSM. Make sure you are on the correct stroke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts