Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me how/where the speedometer and tach mounting bracket attaches to my '72 cl350?? I have purchased 2 now off ebay and neither seem to fit. I am assuming to larger holes attach on top of the fork bridge under to fork top bolts??

·
Sensei
27,018 Posts
A pic of the bracket would help....There were several variants over the years that mounted differently...

·
Sensei
27,018 Posts
Yes, that mounts on top of the bridge and is held on by the fork top bolts.....
It won't work with the "pinch-clamp" type top bridge forks.....Only with the fork tubes with the shoulder inset into the bridge from the underside and the top bolt.....
There is a 175 and a 450 version that look similar, but are either too narrow/small, or too large/wide to fit...Make sure you get the 350 sized one....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, my top bridge has pinch bolts and the top fork bolts are too large of a diameter to fit the brackets I have purchased. I have not seen any other type of bracket or fork bridge other than mine. I know my bike is totally stock and 1972 model. Any ideas what bracket I would need?

·
Sensei
27,018 Posts
Does your bridge have two mounting "ring" tabs on the front?
A pic would be very helpful here, (so we can see what you are working with).....

My pic is a 500 tree, but yours should be very similar....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The top clamp of my fork has an off set pinch bolt for each fork leg. The bridge also has a lowered single mounting hole adjacent off the front to mount the gauges it seems, but the bracket is missing and the gauges are current just mounted on these holes off the front of the bridge. The bike came to me this way and I am trying to put it back to factory

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
the 72CL350K4 didn't use a gauge mounting bracket...the gauges bolted directly to the triple tree

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the '72 cl350 did not come with a gauge mounting bracket then I am confused as to why the Honda factory parts schematics show a mounting bracket with part number. It is the same bracket as I purchased off ebay twice (that don't fit).
Very confused as to the proper assembly.....

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
I've noticed a few inconsistancies with the on line fiche. they've substituted some incorrect model information...for example, Look at the on line fiche for the cam shaft...they show the 72 CL350 with '68 K0 fat cam.

don't know why the fiche in in correct, but I am certain the K4's did not come with a gauge bracket

Look at the gauge attaching bolt in the fiche (part #15)...it show's a 25mm bolt (that's about an ninch of thread)

the bolt is correct for attaching directly to the thick aluminum top bridge but is way too long to attach to a thin steel bracket.

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
...wish I had a dollar for every ebay part mislabled

1 - 13 of 13 Posts