Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Y'all,

So I just got done rebuilding my engine. I had to replace the camshaft, bearing, and contact points, and finally reassembled everything on the bike. Only now I realize I'm getting spark, I'm getting fuel, but I've messed up the timing. Can someone tell me what I need to do to set the timing? Thank you this has been a long process and I'm dying to get back out on the rode again.

Patrick

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know how much different the CL is, but I have a CB 360, and YouTube has an awesome video by Common Motor Collective on ignition timing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 1969/70 cl175 K3 with the same problem if someone could shed some light .. manual states "f" mark points open ..Youtube states otherwise ..

·
Sensei
27,018 Posts
i have a 1969/70 cl175 K3 with the same problem if someone could shed some light .. manual states "f" mark points open ..Youtube states otherwise ..
Points should JUST break (open) at the F line alignment with the index line (Static or idle timing)...... Phone if you need to.......

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
I can't imagine there would be you tube videos out there with inaccurate information, but, I suppose it is possible.
My thoughts exactly ….

Reactions: ancientdad
1 - 7 of 7 Posts