Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

Details:

Excellent condition, unrestored low mileage bike. Photos show the condition well. The bike starts and runs great. I have taken it on overnight trips of over 100 miles around the Puget Sound. Tires were replaced right at 6,700 miles (when photos were taken). I put the bike away for winter at about 7,000 miles.

Some documentation and extras are included.

- Original printed full sized Honda shop manual
- Original pocket sized Honda user manual (under seat)
- Clymer manual (if you're into that)
- Original tool kit
- Original and subsequent registrations slips starting in 1973

The bike is all original except for tires and cables, spark plugs, fuel lines, which I replaced.

Please see photos for condition. I note all known issues below:

- Scratches on the original seat cover, from a cat
- Trip meter counts, but cannot be manually reset. The knob just spins
- There is one small ding in upper left side of tank
- Cracked fins on the right side cover

IMG_5673.jpg
$_57.jpg
$_57 (3).jpg
$_57 (2).jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Really nice... one of the nicest survivors I've seen in a while. Did a cat do those spots on the rear of the seat?? Beautiful bike for sure

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what the previous owner told me. They said their cat scratched those little holes. It's a shame because the original seat cover is in great shape otherwise.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have lowered the asking price for this bike to $2,800. I would like to buy another bike as this one just isn't getting ridden any more. Need money for more 400F's ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Beautiful! I had the same bike in the blue. It was my first new Honda when I was a senior in high school. It was a really fun bike and handled excellent. Someone will make a good decision to buy this from you. Good luck on the sale.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Johnie. It is a really nice bike. I got it to have fun with a small bike.. but it's too nice to take off the road.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This morning I discovered that this bike had been stolen. It must have been taken between the hours or 3am and 10am today. Please let me know if you see this bike for sale in your area. I doubt they will try to sell it in Seattle.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up finding the bike about an hour ago.

After I had waited around and made the police report, I had nothing to do because all of my plans involved riding or working on bikes (they also stole a spare battery and battery tender that I needed for my other project CL175). Anyways I decided to go for a walk and just sort of look around for my bike along the way. It was right there in front of a business about 2 blocks from my apartment building.

Seems that they destroyed the ignition, it doesn't fit the key anymore and can turn with a screwdriver. I think they really broke it though because electrics aren't working with the ignition in the ON position.

They also unhooked some random wires and blew the fuse and couldn't access it without the key.

The petcock was in reserve position and the carb overflow tubes were rearranged so I think that they thought that they were out of gas at some point.

Finally the bike was parked on the sidestand and in gear. I guess they were trying to bumpstart it at some point, too. The chain is making a loud click as each roller goes over the sprocket. Not sure what that's about but it wasn't doing it yesterday.

Anyways I guess I'm just happy to have the bike back, even if this whole thing kind of ruined my Saaturday. I'm kind of rethinking selling the bike now, though!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yeah I guess they thought that they would get it running once out of earshot and ride away. I'm not sure.

Edit: does anyone know of a possible cause for the noise chain? It's making a loud click as each roller goes over the sprocket. So when I roll the bike around it is clicking loudly. I took a look at the sprocket and it looks fine. The chain is lubed and has the correct tension as well.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Hard to say about the chain noise without seeing it, but certainly glad you got it back. The needed repairs now are a pain, but losing a nice vintage 175 permanently would suck a lot worse.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Last night I took off the chain and front sprocket and reinstalled and tensioned the chain. The noise (which was very loud before) went away. I installed the temporary emgo ignition, got some gas, and was able to ride. Not too bad. Now i'm just on the lookout for a real Honda ignition.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have finally sourced an ignition in lock set in suitable condition for this very clean bike. I will be listing it locally (and maybe on ebay) in a month or so.

If anyone on the forum here is interested please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hate to be that "bump" guy but this bike is still for sale. Please contact me by email if you're interested in purchasing this bike. I'd like to get it sold soon and I'm considering using Ebay. PM and I will let you know what I have into it and we can discuss the price. Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Geez...I am really sorry to hear what they did to your prize bike JT! Glad you found it and hope you can get it back to the way it was. People are just so low nowadays!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can you please list your asking price?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can you please list your asking price?
Vincent, sorry. I thought I had the price listed. I have it listed locally asking $2,800 but I have a significantly lower number in mind that will still make me happy to sell. If I sell it on Ebay I'm going to have to take a 10% hit. If you're interested please PM. Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ebay motors doesn't charge 10% fee. Listing fee + final value fee which I think may be either $60 or $120, if you sell less than 6 vehicles per year. I think on a $2800 sale you would be looking at $60 fee. I have a glitch in my ebay motors listings where my fees are billed as high volume seller, so my fees are $30 for sale less than $5k and $60 if over $5k.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the info! I may list on ebay if local sale doesn't work out. So far I've had two "collectors" some through and take a pass based on it's small flaws. I've lowered the price to $2500 locally now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts