Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first bike, and first time working on a bike. I do have tools and am mechanically minded. It was given to me, so my investment at this point is minimal. Here was the bike when i found her.

After a quick bath

Here is everything i know. The bike has not ran in three years. It was parked because it lost spark. The gas was drained before it was parked and the tank is a rusty mess. Motor is seized.

What I have done-

1. pulled plugs
2. squirted some oil into the holes
3. squirted some penetrating lube. Not wd40 but i can't remember the name
4. changed oil out for castrol syntec
5. let sit over night
7. ordered battery from ebay 30$

This afternoon I went to work on it hoping the motor would no longer be seized so I could run a compression check like the guide on here says. I putting pressure on the kickstarter when I apparently put too much lol and I heard a loud snap. Now the kick starter just swings freely.

So at this point I just have a large chunk of frustrating metal. My goal is to get it running and safe but leave the battered look to sort out over time. I searched the website for a manual but only found a link that does not work. Right now I am just hoping I did not break anything too hard or expensive to fix.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but frozen motor and broken kick start gear = fairly expensive rebuild.

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
Don't lose faith... I have several "parts" engines....
It is likely not as bad as it seems, these are fairly simple engines to work on.....Keep it soaking...... and first check to see if you just stripped the kicker splines (very common)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
66Sprint said:
Don't lose faith... I have several "parts" engines....
It is likely not as bad as it seems, these are fairly simple engines to work on.....Keep it soaking...... and first check to see if you just stripped the kicker splines (very common)
I'm trying hard not too lol. I am going to try to find a manual and maybe tomorrow i can check if it's just stripped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts