Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to clean and reassemble kill switch on K4. Got it apart okay, but had xtra parts left over after reassembly. See pic. There were two ball/spring combos: the larger ball creates the detents for the off/low/high beam lever. Cannot figure out where the smaller ball goes. (Probably the CRS kicking in).

Any help would be appreciated. IMG_0363.JPG IMG_0363.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the direction. Very helpful. I was also wondering if parts for the switch can be sourced? The tiny circuit board under the switch is split in two. I can assemble the switch with the two halves inserted properly, but as soon as you turn the switch, the board caves in. John

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I don't think parts were sold for the switches, but used switches are often available on eBay and I'd suspect most would have good parts in them - often switches are parted out from bikes that had blown engines or were wrecked. I replaced the right side switch on my 450 but it was for cosmetic reasons as it was horribly faded, but all the internals were fine.

Here's the fiche of parts sold for the right switch, no circuit board

https://images.cmsnl.com/img/partslists/honda-cb350k4-super-sport-1972-usa-rh-handle-switch-cable_bigma000148f01_a775.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts