Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was attempting to replaced the felt washers on the throttle shafts and one of the throttle plates got damaged. Also, all four brass screws once removed have damaged threads.
Would anyone has a spare plate that I could purchase or know where I could buy one?
What about the size of the brass screws? I am deep in trouble here.... LOL. Thank you for any assistance that can be provided.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Post some pictures of the damage it might not be as bad as you think.
The Screws were Intentionally Punched by the factory on the ends to expand them and prevent them from backing out.
Is that the damage you are referring to?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post some pictures of the damage it might not be as bad as you think.
The Screws were Intentionally Punched by the factory on the ends to expand them and prevent them from backing out.
Is that the damage you are referring to?
The plate is mangled on one side. The screws stripped out the threads on the throttle rod when they were removed. I need to find new rods and a plate... I think I found some used ones. Hopefully I can get the screws out with out stripped the rod again. Someone mentioned working them in and out slowly.

Update, I was able to obtain two used carbs. I removed the screws slowly, putting oil on the threads and working them loose/tight alternating from each screw a little at time. This worked 100%. Swapped both throttle levers a one plate. I have a spare plate if anyone else ever needs on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts