Honda Twins banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Worked late last night, so woke up at 4:30 to get a jump on this. Need to figure out rear seat plan. Waiting on gas tank. Today’s plan is forks installed, wiring harness, ignition system.
Wood Vehicle Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
New handlebars drilled for wiring, cables run and all the switches were mounted.

I switched back to the OEM wiring harness because the new one has a lot of non OEM colored wires, but I started blowing fuses. So I translated the new wiring harness and plan on installing it later today.

Hoping to start it in the next couple of days, but can't ride until I get the gas tank, new wheels and tires. I'm planning on painting the wheels and gas tank, so I may not get a ride until late next week or the following.

I really need to get all new hardware because the rusty bolts make it look kinda tired. It'll also give me time to luster up the engine covers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It’s together and running. Gotta work out some kinks. Probably should’ve replaced all the oil seals, but have the rest of the summer to get rid of the rusty bits and learn to ride. Lol.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So the bike wouldn’t shift past first gear. After taking the whole clutch side apart, it looks like it’s play in the shift lever. Ordered a one piece along with oil seals. Now that I know it runs, I’m going to replace all the rusty nuts and bolts, oil seals and possibly find a different exhaust.

I’m also going to finish polishing the case covers.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
You need to get a junk front fender and do a cutoff shorty fender.
I get you are looking for that no frills cafe look but... the Front Fender Mounting bracket "IS" the Front Fork Brace.
You will notice a HUGE difference if you ride any significant curves at speed.
Without the brace the forks will twist.

Reactions: Emil and Lunatuck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
You need to get a junk front fender and do a cutoff shorty fender.
I get you are looking for that no frills cafe look but... the Front Fender Mounting bracket "IS" the Front Fork Brace.
You will notice a HUGE difference if you ride any significant curves at speed.
Without the brace the forks will twist.
Thanks for that tip. I’ll have to get the brace reinstalled and cone up with a fender plan.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The bike is 99% done. Got the clutch fixed and all electrical is working perfect. I’m waiting on a shorty exhaust. May go with clip on handlebars and try and lower the headlight. While waiting on parts, I put this welding table together to help with future projects.

All from scrap, so only cost me $30 for casters. But I need a steel plate top. Steel so $$$!

Outdoor bench Street furniture Outdoor furniture Road surface Grass

·
Registered
74 CL360, 81 CM200T, 85, 86 & 87 CMX250. Invisible to cages, treat accordingly. Avoids Road Rage!
112 Posts
The whole motor! Clean then reassemble. Lots of sloppy adhesive application that I need to clean up.
View attachment 319030
You don't know how many times I've seen or had an engine apart on the dining room table. Our wives just love us so much sometimes!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts