Honda Twins banner

1972 CB175 Rear Brake pads

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  66Sprint 
#1 ·
Hi all! I'm new here, but I am a part of the Honda Rebel Forum.

I'm working on my second bike and it's in pretty decent condition. My roommate gave me his 1972 CB175 with broken gas lines, I've fixed those and the bike is up an running and running pretty well.

The next immediate fix I need to make is the rear break pads...They are non existent. The rear break peddle doesn't work at all, but when I went to my local motorcycle store and asked one of the guys who works there what kind of brakes I would need to buy he said he didn't know and he couldn't figure it out. What type of rear brakes are they?

#2 ·
You have drum brakes.

Does the brake pedal move but not apply the brakes or does the pedal not move at all? Could be as simple as adjusting the linkage. Pictures of the brake pedal and the rear wheel could help us to diagnose it. In any case it's a good idea to replace the shoes since, at their age, they are well past their useful life expectancy.

Here's a page from the parts fiche that shows what it looks like inside the rear wheel:

Western Honda Motorcycles- Arizona's Largest Volume Dealership

You might also benefit from browsing through this:

http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/74...n/18504-basic-checklist-new-you-old-bike.html

If your brake system is a mystery to your local parts store we may be able to suggest some alternatives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.