Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked since 99 bought it from a man down the road clams the coils didn’t have fire. I’m not sure I believe them just cause the way they operate. So the engine was free so I bought it.
I have learned that the engine when kicking it over that the pistons was not moving so my thoughts was broke crank or stripped gear or just anything. So I was like why is it kicking over and it was in gear and the wheel is turning. So I tear into it and remove the clutch cover and the covers over the chain and the stater? And when I undone the clutch cable i was then able to move the kick starter and move the engine also.

So just sharing the story.

But I’m kinda lost on where to start. I know I want to replace the ignition system coils points and also I noticed there was some other electronics around the battery.

Where will I find these just online?? Anyone have part numbers.
Any information will help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
For the kickstarter to turn the engine it has to be in neutral. It sounds like you're dealing with a frozen engine at this point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Long distance rider sorry maybe I wasn’t clear but when I removed the clutch cable it must have been bad it let the clutch disengage I guess. and im now able to turn the motor by kick starting

·
Registered
219 Posts
Your bike is a 1973. 73's had the grab bar in the rear and the gauges tilted toward the rider. Also the side covers badges are black lettering with a white background. Also reflectors mounted on the upper forks. Sounds to me more like the clutch is outta adjustment. There is a link or thread on this site about CL350 clutch adjusting. Its a pretty simple procedure.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Your clutch was disengaged by the cable being too tight, or stuck. The 350 does not have "primary kickstarting" which means it will not crank the engine with the clutch disengaged. As for replacing the electrics, why? Points hardly ever go bad. Just clean them with some 400 grit sandpaper and try to start the bike.
TOOLS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I said it was a 72 cause it says it on the forks. But the title does say 73 on it.

And talking about the coils and points and stuff they told it didn’t have fire. Only going off what they told. The bike doesn’t have many miles on it but it has sat outside a lot.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Look at the Serial Number on the Head stock to determine what year your bike is.
The title really has nothing to do with the actual production year.
At the time these bikes were being sold they were titled as the year they were sold in not produced in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts