Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks!

Ive got a 1971 SL350K1 That Ive done a decent amount of work to. One of the upgrades was a LiPo battery and a Trailtech reg/rec. In keeping with Murphy's law, the stator stopped working and the battery dropped down to 7.33v before I caught on. I doubt it can be resuscitated without opening the battery and charging the individual cells.

Im looking into upgrading the charging system on the bike, and have been looking at this rotor made at Ricks:

It says its for a CB350 and Im having a tough time verifying if the stators are interchangeable between a cb350 and and SL350K1. Do any of the bike gurus on here know if I could drop one of these into my SL? If not, are there any rotors or stators you could recommend that would be compatible?

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Compare the original Honda part numbers for that component on both bikes......
If the same part number, same part was used on both bikes...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it, but I'm having a tough time find a parts explosion for the SL. Only one I've found is on cmsnl.com. and I can't tell if those are factory part #'s or specific to the site.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Hey folks!

Ive got a 1971 SL350K1 That Ive done a decent amount of work to. One of the upgrades was a LiPo battery and a Trailtech reg/rec. In keeping with Murphy's law, the stator stopped working and the battery dropped down to 7.33v before I caught on. I doubt it can be resuscitated without opening the battery and charging the individual cells.
You DO realize that Trailtech unit REQUIRES a stator with a floating ground, right?...I would venture that your problem is the rect/reg, not the alternator itself.......Contact Matt at Sparck Moto - Modern Gear for your Vintage Ride - Sparck Moto for a suitable replacement rect/reg at a decent price (about $30)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts