Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking for a rear sprocket for my 1971 SL350. I think its on the later end, it's got a 21" rim up front - but not sure if that makes a difference for sprocket sizing. Anyways, trying to find a new rear sprocket, 42 teeth - but can't seem to find one that for sure will fit the SL models. I ordered a JT278 38T (mainly for CB but where I ordered said it would fit an SL) but it did not fit. Does anyone know of a sprocket that will correctly fit? 38T would be fine, would love to keep it at 42 if possible. Running a 530 non o ring chain.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
If it's an SL350K2 (the only year with 21" front wheel from the factory) it would be unlikely to be titled a '71, or someone put the later, bigger front wheel on it. We can positively identify if it's a K1 or K2 by the VIN, if you'll post the frame number including just the first 4 digits (like SL350-3001xxx or -2001xxx). Either way, the only SL350 that came from the factory with a 530 chain is the first year, the K0, because it was just a modified CB/CL350 with high fenders and still electric start (and 40 more lbs of heft), the K1 and K2 came with 520 chain and sprockets

1 - 3 of 3 Posts