Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys run the throttle cable on a CL 350. Mine runs from the throttle to directly under the tank. It also goes to full rev when I turn the handlebars to the left, and dies when I go full right. I can't figure out any other way to run it that might stop this. How are yours run?

How noisy is the 350 at speed? I seem to be getting a rattling noise, and at first I suspected the timing chain, but everything seems adjusted properly, and I just had the head apart and everything seemed nice and tight. Any other things that can make a rattling sound from the front? Something like when you have your kick start out a little while driving. It doesn't seem to be there at low speed, but gets loud when I am around 5k rpm. Thoughts?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
The cable should go from the underside of the throttle/switching unit in front of the bars, down inside the chrome "C" on the riser caps ( between the bars and instruments) beside the right side of the steering neck, and the splitter should be just in front of the top engine mount.............

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Toreador13 said:
Where do you guys run the throttle cable on a CL 350. Mine runs from the throttle to directly under the tank. It also goes to full rev when I turn the handlebars to the left, and dies when I go full right. I can't figure out any other way to run it that might stop this. How are yours run?

How noisy is the 350 at speed? I seem to be getting a rattling noise, and at first I suspected the timing chain, but everything seems adjusted properly, and I just had the head apart and everything seemed nice and tight. Any other things that can make a rattling sound from the front? Something like when you have your kick start out a little while driving. It doesn't seem to be there at low speed, but gets loud when I am around 5k rpm. Thoughts?
The noise you are hearing sure sounds like a cam chain issue. You say you removed the head but did you remove the cam chain tensioner and check the guide and rollers?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it for a spin tonight and tried to track down the sound, it really seemed like it was coming from the right side, and my attention kept drawing to the oil pump/filter cap. Could the sound be coming from there?

I checked the cam chain and tension, it seemed ok when I reassembled it, but it could still be it.

I tried running my cable the way you said, but it didn't seem to fit. I will try it again and see if it is just something I did wrong the first time.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts