Honda Twins banner

1971 Honda CB100 Kickstart and spindle

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  NINJAMONKEY907 
#1 ·
I have a honda cb100. I have fixed most of the problems but the one that i'm hesitant to tackle is the kick lever and spindle. I have a kickstart lever that has been welded on by someone who had the bike before me. The kick doesn't stay up when it's used so I believe the spring needs to be replaced. However I can't seem to find a video of someone doing that. Can any body tell me if this is a hard job to do? As of right now I'd probably have to cut off the kick which and my guess is the threads on the spindle are shredded and that's why they welded it. So I'd also need to replace the spindle as well. I have a manual but it's not super specific on replacing these parts.

#2 ·
Hello, Replacement of kick start spindle requires complete dis-assembly. Complete gasket and oil seal kits. Photos have order of assembly, for replacement of kick start spindle. Dis- assembly would be reverse order. Good Luck. HondaJohn

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.