Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the time has come. I can't justify the cost of completing my CL450 project so it's up for sale. I am willing to sell it a piece at a time or as a whole bike. I don't have a title for it and was quoted $210 to get one from ITS title (which is only a "starter title", really).
The bike is almost all there, the only major thing missing is the mirrors and cables. The forks are pitted up where the clamps are and there is a light coat of rust on most of the exposed sections in the usual places. The engine is out at the moment (I really was going to fix it :? ). The bottom end seems to be in good shape, I haven't split the cases. I just had the cylinders honed and have a set of rings for it. The pistons aren't perfect but they're useable, same with the valves.
I can send pictures of whatever parts you want. I really wish things were working out better for me otherwise as I really like this bike and I know it can be fixed up and be a good runner.
I'd like to have $550 for the whole bike if anyone wants to buy the whole thing and I will try to work with you on delivery if needed. I'm in Otterbein, IN, which is just outside of Lafayette.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 1971 CL450, whole or parts

Sorry to reply to my own post first...
I also have a new Vesrah gasket kit for the bike. It doesn't have valve guide seals (came with the wrong ones) but has everything else. And I have the side covers, they're just not on in the pics.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

PM recieved, sale of parts on hold for the moment.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Is the tail light lens in good condition? If you decide to part it out I might be interested in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts