Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far so good. All origional with 5300 miles on the clock.Inside the carbs. 20 years on no use

Some after shots

I'll keep posting more in this thread as I go.

Marc

·
Registered
785 Posts
Very nice bike but, I just like Bobblehead am not a fan of backrest/sissy bars.
I really like that color sceme, I just painted mine black because it was the easiest thing to do and still look good.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Add me to the list fo not caring for backrests but hey, it's your bike, do it your way.

I'm also curious what you did with that float or how the whole carb cleanup went for that matter.

Really nice looking bike.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
My dad had a back rest similar to that on his 74 KZ400D.

So as much as we might not like it, it's very era correct!

Looks like a clean skoot. Was that a hole in the float? Did you patch it, or replace it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was an origional owner installed piece when the bike was new. First registered in 1973 and not ridden since 1985, one owner. I completly rebuilt the carbs by dipping them for about 12 hours each and using keyster kits. The floats were beyond repair and I got new ones. Bike is running great, some new orings and standard maint. and it fired right up. The chrome is power buffing out very nicely. I bought the bike "for" my wife and she likes the backrest so it stays for now. She doesn't have a license yet so I "have" to ride it for her, darn. :twisted:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts