Honda Twins banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've just aquired a 1971 CL350, it runs (just) but needs a proper service, so far I've stripped and cleaned the carbs replacing all the o rings, set the cam chain adjuster, next job is to check the
valve clearances.
I've scoured the internet and youtube but I am struggling to find a "how to" guide for engines that dont have the rocker arms with the lock nut / screw adjustment.

It appears to be an adjustment made on the stator but I need some clear idiot proof instructions.

If someone could help it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Tim

·
Registered
1,711 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi Tim, top of this page is an Advert for Common Motors click on the CB350 icon, search for videos, and you'll find out how to Adjust your tappets, carbs, timing chain and ignition.
Nigel.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Does Brenden do valves for a 350? I've only seen vids for a 360 by CM.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know there is vid on youtube that shows it. I just did them a month ago. I have same bike as you. Its easy peasy.

good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just realised how dumb my post was, ive removed both the points and tach drive covers and can now see that the adjusters are here (Doh)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scramblercurtis - that link to the manual made it all make perfect sense. In the manual it says LT for the left hand and L for the right hand should it br T for the right hand cylinder?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Tim - the only stupid question is the one you are to scared to ask. Can't learn otherwise - we've all been there.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
LT is left TDC (top dead center) and the plain T is TDC for the right cylinder. Make sure the little "arrows" in the ends of the eccentric rocker arm shafts point outward - exhaust marks pointing forward toward the front of the bike, intake marks pointing toward the rear of the bike

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All done now, cam chain adjuster, valve gaps and ignition timing.

Just waiting for exhaust repair and new air filters to arrive then should be running again.

Thanks for the replies

1 - 13 of 13 Posts