Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I've been trying to install a new 17t front sprocket on my 71 CL350 and have a couple of questions:

- The sprocket itself threaded onto the spline, but for some reason when I thread on the fixing plate, the holes don't align with the sprocket. Am I missing something?
- I see a bare connection between two wires over the clutch push rod. What's the wire for?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1oZy3UyPbkEvb1fu8

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
That wire is supposed to plug into the neutral switch. The sprocket retainer is lined up with the groove in the shaft, then rotated until the bolt holes line up. Looks like your clutch pushrod seal is in backwards.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Will do. I don't want to roll the dice will this one. Is it just a matter of pulling out the rod, replacing the seal and putting the rod back in?
You've got it. I'd suggest adding a smear of Honda Bond to the outside of the seal. That will work as a glue to keep the seal in place. This seal is noted for blowing out and then pumping the crankcase dry of oil.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Check with them before CMC, as most of the time they have the same stuff cheaper (starter clutch parts are one exception). I've never bought anything from them that was bad, except for a set of Vesrah shoes and 4into1 obviously didn't make them, just sold them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts